Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The fight with weight gain

So for the past several months I've had issues with putting weight back on. After I had my youngest, I was doing great with my weight. I was able to drop all the pregnancy weight along with a few extra pounds. Things were fitting great. I was feeling great. I kept it off for nearly 2 years dropping a little more here and there.

Almost a year ago, there were several life changes for me. Things happened. Routines changed. The battle began. I've blamed several different sources. I didn't have the equipment. I can't afford a gym membership. I quit smoking and traded that habit for eating. I blamed everything but myself. Truth is, I gave up and got lazy. I thought sitting on my behind snacking wouldn't have that big of an effect on my. Boy was I wrong.

When you wake up one day and realize that nothing fits and you spend the day uncomfortable, it's a shocking wake up call. And a sad one at that.

I've started to do something about it and fight back. I've started eating better. Eating at the times I was told I should. Cutting out fast food. I've started working out about 6 weeks ago.

I don't know if I'm still doing something wrong but over the same time frame, I've actually put on MORE weight. I don't get it. I was recently told by a co-worker that I need to detox my body. The thought of that alone scares me. No sugars. No carbs. FOR 2 WEEKS!!

All in all the battle will continue. I will keep trying. I will start using the walking station in the office (if I can remember to bring in extra shoes). I will continue to change whatever I need to in the kitchen. I WILL WIN THIS BATTLE. With time and support it can be done!!

0 comments: